Boyertown Soccer Club is pleased to announce the formation of a Keeper Academy that will start this Winter 2018 and have continued sessions in the Spring, Summer and Fall.
The Keeper Academy will be designed for all levels of goalkeepers and the coach to trainee ratio will be low. We will challenge the advanced goalkeepers with advanced training, and help the younger, beginner goalkeeper become more confident in their shot stopping abilities while developing goalkeeping fundamentals from professional youth trainers and college goalkeepers.
The Winter Academy will work with Ric Laudeslager, an Academy and College level goalkeeper Coach. Ric will teach all aspects of this specialist position, which will allow the players to learn the basics and/or fine-tune the techniques and skills required to become a great goalkeeper.
The sessions will cover the main techniques and skills of goalkeeping; specific warm ups, footwork, handling, diving, and shot-stopping, all made specific to each age group and level of experience.
All boys and girls interested in or already playing goalie are highly encouraged to attend these sessions.
- When – Saturdays January 27th through March 17th
- Where – Gilbertsville YMCA Indoor Turf Field
- 2008 - 2010 birth year: 12pm - 1pm
- 2006 - 2007 birth year: 1pm - 2pm
- 2001 - 2005 birth year: 2pm - 3pm
- Cost: $90.00 for All 8 Sessions
- Contact: Martin Gibbins, Director of Coaching email@example.com
Academy Goalkeeping Topics Covered:
- Shot stopping and handling
- Parrying and deflecting
- Angle Play
- Dealing with high balls and the difficulties of decision making (Punch/catch, in swinger/out swinger, etc.)
- Breakaways and second saves
- Ball Skills & The Back pass